It’s so hard to believe that January is basically over! However, with a new month comes new products, and I can’t wait to see what February has in store! With that said, let’s look at my January 2013 favorites!
- Ice Elements Two Minute Miracle Exfoliating Gel - This product is such an underdog. Not only does it remove all of my dry skin from my nose, cheeks, forehead, and jaw, but it also leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. I use this product once a day, right before applying my foundation.
- Revlon Photo Ready Airbrush Mousse Foundation in 020 Shell - This foundation has been a long-time favorite of mine. I started using it in January 2012, and it is the best foundation I’ve used so far. It’s light, airy, and a fabulous skin-tone match. Although most people prefer the Revlon Color Stay or the Revlon Photo Ready (non-mousse), I’d say this one is the best of the three. The color doesn’t transfer, it gives you a dewy (but not shiny) appearance, and it feels like you have nothing on your face.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent - This powder has been raved about for month on YouTube and other beauty blogs, and I finally gave in and bought it on Christmas Eve 2012. This product is incredible. Not only does it keep me matte all day without having to reapply it, it’s not caky whatsoever. It’s very buildable and leaves your skin looking flawless and smooth for up to eight hours.
- Ready to Wear New York Mascara in Black - I had never heard of this product or brand, but a friend of mine recommended it to me when I ran out of my CoverGirl Volume mascara, and I fell in love. This is definitely a dupe of the Benefit They’re Real mascara. It leaves my lashes looking full - but not spidery - and very, very soft. It even works wonders on your lower lashes.
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Eyeliner in Black (not pictured) - I simply love this eyeliner. Although I tend to steer clear of Beauty Rush eye products, I fell in love with this eyeliner. It doesn’t transfer, it doesn’t smudge, and is very easy to remove. It glides on really well, too. I’d say this is a dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner.
- CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain in #420 - Now I understand why CoverGirl Lip Stains have always been so raved about! This product doesn’t dry out my lips, make them look cracked, or flake whatsoever. Not only does it feel moisturizing on my lips throughout the day, but it lasts up to eight hours. Although you do need to reapply it after eating a meal, I give this product a thumbs up.
- Philosophy’s Purity face wash - This is the first face product I’ve ever used by Philosophy, and I must say I’m thoroughly impressed. The product works wonders on removing my make up, as well as keeping my skin feel clean and moisturized throughout the entire day. It also smells amazing.
- Bare Minerals blush in Avant Garden - Although I’ve used many, many, many blushes, I always end up going back to this Bare Minerals blush. Not only does it fit my skin tone, but it’s easily blend-able for people of all skin tones. It feels great on, doesn’t transfer, and doesn’t look caky at all. Also, it has a slight sheen to it that would allow you to get away with not applying a highlight to the tops of your cheekbones.
- Burt’s Bees Acne Spot Treatment - Due to the cold weather, my skin has been producing more oil to make up for the lack of moisture in the air, so I’ve found myself breaking out a bit. Whenever a bad pimple arises, I whip out this product and generously apply it to the spot and the surrounding area twice daily. Although it smells somewhat harsh and unpleasant, the end results make it worth it. This typically dries and clears up any bad spots within two to three days if used correctly.
There you have it! I hope you found this post helpful. If you have a product you’d like me to try or feedback on one of the products I listed, feel free to send them to me in a message/submit them to me!